The glorious and wondrously amazing Frances Ruffelle has a number of exciting projects in the works, so here is a round-up…
* In October, Frances is to play another series of shows of her hugely successful, all-conquering and triumphant smash ‘Paris Original‘. The show is a culmination of Frances’ love of Paris from the lifestyle, to the sounds and textures of the city. It really is an extraordinary, bold and exciting piece – Frances is exquisite and spellbinding throughout.
Due to popular demand, two additional shows have been added and now Frances will play the St James’ Theatre from 1-3 October 2014. The initial date of 3rd October has sold-out however, tickets for the shows on 1st and 2nd October are available here.
Earlier this month via Twitter Frances teased some changes to the original shows, so it will be absolutely more than worth another look…
* Monday sees the release of ‘Devil’s Tower’, an independent horror film which was shot in 2012. Frances stars as Kim, who is the mother of the principle character Sarah, as portrayed by Roxanne Pallet. The DVD and BluRay is available here, the trailer for your delectation, below.
* Again, via Twitter, Frances revealed that she is recording another album – praise the Lord!
* In yet, more delightful and exciting news, Frances has been cast in the second series of the ITV reboot of ‘Birds Of A Feather’. Larger details such as character name etc are yet unknown. Filming commence from 15th September, with a probable Christmas/New Year transmission (in line with the first series). More to come!
* Other forthcoming TV appearances include ‘A Life In Song – Tim Rice’, which is currently set to premiere on BBC2 on Boxing Day (26th December) in the UK (subject to change). The event was filmed at the Southbank Centre, Royal Festival Hall in July. Alongside Frances, gathers renowned performers such as Rufus Wainwright and Tim Minchin, who pay homage to the diverse work of Sir Tim.